Deploying & Managing Your Arbor Networks APS
This hands-on course focuses on the initial deployment, administration, and management of an Arbor Networks APS DDoS mitigation solution.
Participants will learn how to setup an Arbor Networks APS and configure it to protect critical resources against volumetric, state-exhaustion, and application attacks. Learners will perform system administration and ongoing maintenance tasks related to a typical APS deployment.
Security administrators, network operations personnel, and staff responsible for setup and maintenance of an Arbor Networks APS.
8 Course Hours (0.8 CEUs)
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Deploy the Arbor Networks APS in your network monitor network traffic to detect DDoS attacks.
- Setup protection groups and define server types to protect servers and maintain application availability.
- Perform system administration including setting up users, notifications, and AIF.
- Perform maintenance tasks such as system upgrades, backups, and managing alerts.
- Implement cloud-based mitigation services to enhance mitigation capabilities of the Arbor Networks APS.
- Setup and configuration
- System administration tasks
- Configure Protection Groups
- Blacklist / whitelist management
- Viewing and managing alerts
- Maintenance and troubleshooting
- System diagnostics
- Configuring cloud-signaling
- Arbor Networks APS Overview
- Arbor Networks, ATLAS & ASERT
- Arbor Availability Protection System
- Arbor Networks APS – Key features
- Deploying and Configuring Arbor Networks APS
- Arbor Networks APS Network Connectivity
- Arbor Networks APS Deployment Modes
- Initial Configuration using the CLI
- Upgrading Arbor Networks APS Software
- Configure General Settings
- Viewing Details on the Summary Page
- Creating Protection Groups
- From monitoring to mitigation
- Protection Groups
- Configuring mitigation settings
- Identifying blocked sources
- Using whitelists and blacklists
- Engaging Cloud-based Mitigation
- Configuring Cloud Signaling
- Using Cloud Signaling
- Centralized Management of Arbor Networks APS
- Overview and Operation
- Network Activity Dashboard
- Summary of All Alerts
- Global APS Blacklist and Whitelist
- Global View of Arbor Networks APS Blocked Hosts
- Management of APS Protection Groups
- Single Sign On from Arbor NSI to Arbor Networks APS
- Configuring Centralized Arbor Networks APS management
- User Administration
- File Management
- System Alerts
- Backup and Restore
- Performance Management
- Data Retention and Compliance