Attendees learn about DDoS attacks and how the Arbor Networks SP Threat Management System (“TMS”) can mitigate and report on the details of such attacks. Students learn how to use the alert summary functionality of the SP solution to initiate a mitigation. Various mitigation options and how they can lessen the impact of attacks are also covered. During the lab exercise, students detect, interpret and mitigate various types of attacks.
Target Audience: Network operations and security staff who are responsible for monitoring network anomalies and implementing mitigations using SP TMS.
Location: Delivered at Arbor training facilities in Ann Arbor, MI and Chelmsford, MA, USA or, upon request, at a customer’s site.*
Duration: 1.5 days
- SP TMS Technical Overview
- DDoS and Anomaly Detection
- DDoS Mitigation Techniques
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Describe the product functionality of SP TMS.
- Detect and classify different types of attacks.
- Describe how anomalies are presented in the GUI and how to interpret anomaly data.
- Correlate the attack information collected to appropriate mitigation methods and countermeasures.
- Initiate a mitigation.
- Monitor an ongoing mitigation.
- End an ongoing mitigation.
- Produce reports on mitigations.
*On-site customer class size limited to maximum of 10 participants.