This course covers how Pravail APS can be used to detect, analyze and mitigate various types of DDoS attacks.
Attendees learn about distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks and how Pravail APS can be used to protect critical resources and report on the details of an attack. Students learn how to install and configure Pravail APS in order to protect critical resources against both application and volumetric attacks. The available protection options and how they can be used to lessen the impact of attacks are covered in detail. Maintenance and troubleshooting tools and procedures are also covered.
Network operations and security staff who are responsible for monitoring networks and protecting critical resources using Pravail APS.
Classes are delivered at Arbor Networks USA-based training facilities in Ann Arbor, MI and Burlington, MA or, upon request, at a customer’s site.* Periodically, open enrollment courses will be offered in various locations outside of the USA. When this occurs, new course schedules for those locations will be posted on the Arbor Networks Web site. For the dates and locations of available courses nearest you, please view our posted course schedules.
- DDoS Environment
- DDoS Defense with Pravail APS
- Monitoring an Attack
- Inline Mitigation
- Blocked Hosts, IP Location
- Protection Levels
- Prevention Basics
- Protection Groups
- Protecting Servers and Services
- Engaging Cloud-Based Mitigation
- Design and Best Practices
- System Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- General Administrative Tasks
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Describe Pravail APS product functionality.
- Describe application level and volumetric attacks.
- Install and implement Pravail in various deployment models.
- Configure Protection Groups.
- Describe and configure the various Protection Settings that are available.
- Describe and configure Cloud Signaling.
- Produce the various reports that are available.
- Preform ongoing Pravail operations.
- Describe common maintenance and troubleshooting tools and procedures.
Arbor Networks Educational Services
Arbor Networks offers a comprehensive selection of technical training courses, each geared to participants with distinct skill sets, from novice network operators to senior system administrators. Instructors, with extensive security and networking experience, lead the classes and all required training materials are provided. Each training session combines classroom instruction with tailored, hands-on experiences, in live network environments, so that participants learn practical, rather than just theoretical, skills. This process enables participants to gain the knowledge required to successfully operate their Arbor solutions while maximizing product performance.
* On-site customer class size is limited to a maximum of 10 participants.