This course covers how Peakflow SP and TMS can be set up and configured to detect, analyze and mitigate various types of DDoS attacks. In order to attend this course, you must first complete Peakflow SP and TMS: DDoS Detection and Mitigation (User).
Attendees will learn how to deploy, configure and perform ongoing administration in support of DDoS attack mitigation. Configuration of managed objects, templates and filter lists used during various mitigation and countermeasure options, and how they lessen the impact of attacks, will be covered. During lab exercises, students will configure DDoS detection settings, create templates and configure various mitigation settings, based on real-world experiences.
Network operations personnel, security administrators and staff responsible for the configuration and administration of the Peakflow SP and TMS solutions.
Classes are delivered at Arbor Networks USA-based training facilities in Ann Arbor, MI and Burlington, MA or, upon request, at a customer’s site.* Periodically, open enrollment courses will be offered in various locations outside of the USA. When this occurs, new course schedules for those locations will be posted on the Arbor Networks Web site. For the dates and locations of available courses nearest you, please view our posted course schedules.
- Peakflow SP configuration for Infrastructure Security and DDoS Protection
- TMS Configuration for DDoS Mitigation
- DDoS Mitigation Tuning
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Identify Peakflow SP and TMS deployment strategies and add and configure TMS administrative and deployment settings.
- Set up, configure and tune Peakflow SP to detect attacks.
- Configure the ATLAS Intelligence Feed (AIF) for Peakflow SP.
- Set up and prepare a Managed Object for protection.
- Create a mitigation template and associate a template with a Managed Object.
- Set up various filter lists to reduce the processing load on the TMS.
- Configure Peakflow SP for various types of mitigation strategies and countermeasures.
Arbor Networks Educational Services
Arbor Networks offers a comprehensive selection of technical training courses, each geared to participants with distinct skill sets, from novice network operators to senior system administrators. Instructors, with extensive security and networking experience, lead the classes and all required training materials are provided. Each training session combines classroom instruction with tailored, hands-on experiences, in live network environments, so that participants learn practical, rather than just theoretical, skills. This process enables participants to gain the knowledge required to successfully operate their Arbor solutions while maximizing product performance.
* On-site customer class size is limited to a maximum of 10 participants.