This course covers how the Peakflow solution and Threat Management System can be set up and configured to detect, analyze and mitigate various types of distributed denial of service attacks. In order to attend this course,you must first complete Peakflow and the Threat Management Sysytem: DDoS Detection and Mitigation (User).
Attendees will learn how to deploy, configure and perform ongoing administration in support of distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack mitigation. Configuration of managed objects, templates and filter lists used during various mitigation and countermeasure options, and how they lessen the impact of attacks, will be covered. During lab exercises, students will configure DDoS detection settings, create templates and configure various mitigation settings, based on real-world experiences.
- Peakflow configuration for infrastructure security and distributed denial of service attack protection.
- Threat Management System Configuration for distributed denial of service attack mitigation.
- Distributed denial of service attack mitigation tuning.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Identify Peakflow and Threat Management System deployment strategies.
- Configure Threat Management System administrative and deployment settings.
- Set up, configure and tune Peakflow to detect attacks.
- Configure the ATLAS Intelligence Feed (AIF) for Peakflow.
- Set up and prepare a Managed Object for protection.
- Create a mitigation template and associate a template with a Managed Object.
- Set up various filter lists to reduce the processing load on the Threat Management System.
- Configure Peakflow for various types of mitigation strategies and countermeasures.
Arbor Networks Educational Services
Arbor Networks offers a comprehensive selection of technical training courses, each geared to participants with distinct skill sets, from novice network operators to senior system administrators. Instructors, with extensive security and networking experience, lead the classes and all required training materials are provided. Each training session combines classroom instruction with tailored, hands-on experiences, in live network environments, so that participants learn practical, rather than just theoretical, skills. This process enables participants to gain the knowledge required to successfully operate their Arbor solutions while maximizing product performance.