The ninth annual Worldwide Infrastructure Security Report (WISR) offers a rare view into the most critical security challenges facing today’s network operators. Based on survey data provided by service provider, enterprise, cloud, hosting and other network operators from around the world, this annual report provides real-world insight into the security threats that organizations face and the strategies they adopt to address them.
Survey Scope and Demographics
- 220 responses, up from 130 last year, from a mix of Tier 1 and Tier 2/3 service providers, hosting, mobile, enterprise and other types of network operators from around the world.
- More than 68 percent of respondents this year are service providers, giving us a global view into the traffic and threats targeting their networks, services and customers.
- Data covers November, 2012 through October, 2013
Key Report Findings
- 36 percent increase in organizations targeted by Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs)
- Attacks against mobile networks more than doubled
- Application-layer attacks have become ubiquitous
- Dramatic growth seen in high-volume DDoS attacks
- Data centers are high frequency, high impact targets
- DNS remains highly vulnerable
To download the full report, submit the form below.